Friday, June 19, 2015

Day 5 - I always wanted to have inertial dampers for my Asteriods game!  Kinda like "air" brakes.  I was one of those kids who was determined to get the highest score in Asteroids, so I'm well aware of the repetitive stress factor, so I found a way to slow down the ship just enough to get a break from the constant flight.  Now I want weapons.  Right now, the ship just collides with the heavenly bodies around it, which are set up as "sensors" (collision events) that signal mp3 explosions.

Other things to outfit the ship and enemies: shields, cloak, and vapour trials.

I also managed to tackle some CPU and memory issues to keep the frame rate down.  Caching objects, offscreen baddies, etc.  I didn't think I'd get the hang of this, but I'm baby stepping my way to game codedom.

Still no touch controller - the solution is more complex than I anticipated.

No comments:

Post a Comment